Assistant Relationship Manager - HNW Private Banking
About the job
Our client is a highly respected London based private bank. They are now seeking to bring in an experienced Private Banking professional Assistant Relationship Manager.
This is a key role in providing wide-ranging, proactive assistance to Senior Relationship/Relationship Managers including providing cover where appropriate.
The main focus is supporting the relationship management team to provide exceptional customer service to the bank’s high net worth customers. This includes but is not limited to attending meetings and taking the necessary notes, completing required paperwork and customer record maintenance, and administrative coordination with other areas of the bank such as Banking Operations.. This role will be required to be a point of contact with customers on a daily basis for all day to day issues.
What you will bring to the role:
- This individual will be a key support to the Relationship Managers Team.
- They should be passionate about a career within Private Banking and demonstrate a hunger and willingness to learn how the team works.
- They should be naturally curious and willing to get involved from the outset.
- You will be experienced in banking and lending matters with a genuine desire to enhance customer relationships.
- Arrangement, organisation and preparation of customer and business development meetings
- Attend meetings with the Relationship Manager and prepare memoranda of notes as required
- Prepare straightforward, and where applicable more complex, lending propositions to the required standard
- Good understanding of Regulated Mortgage Contracts and Consumer Credit Act regulations
- Prepare new customer documentation
- Provide desk cover for Senior Relationship/Relationship Managers where necessary
- Business development support to Relationship Managers
- Represent the bank, and the department, at a minimum of 3 bank events per month
- Customer contact on all day to day issues
- Letters to customers and professional intermediaries
- Prepare and undertake customer reviews
- Monitor daily overdraft positions
- Adhere to the department’s risk management regime by ensuring duties are conducted in a controlled and compliant manner
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive basic salary of c £45,000 DOE. In addition, there is 20% NCP, life ins, healthcare, and 28 days holiday + many other excellent benefits and excellent long term career prospects.
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade A-C (including Maths and English) or equivalent qualification
A minimum of 2 A levels grades A-D or equivalent qualification
CeMAP (Level 3) and/or Level 3 RMA Training Matrix or willingness to complete within 12 months of starting
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Willing to work towards Level 4 relevant financial qualification.
Background and experience necessary:
It is expected that candidates will have experience in the financial services sector looking after high net worth customers, possess a reasonable knowledge of financial markets and the economy in general.
A basic knowledge of banking security is preferable.
Familiarity with Microsoft office systems Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc is essential.
Ability to work in a close team, with an appreciation of the values and ethos of the institution.
Highly articulate, good command of English, excellent communication and ability to present.
Strong numeracy skills.
The ability to work effectively, prioritise tasks efficiently and good organisational skills to work to deadlines.
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum, negotiable
Financial Careers Ltd is recognised as one of the Financial Services industry’s fastest-growing recruitment agencies. With nationwide coverage, we have the capacity to build meaningful, long-lasting relationships with our clients and candidates. We are dedicated to providing you with sound career advice, finding solutions and solving recruitment problems.
We specialise in recruiting for the Financial Services industry and cover a wide range of roles and skillsets. Including, but not limited, to Financial, Mortgage Advisers, Paraplanners, Administration, Sales, Executive Support, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, Pensions, Employee Benefits, Business Development, IT, Digital, Project Management, and Business Transformation.
We cover permanent, contract and interim positions. Whether you are a client or a candidate, we pride ourselves on being honest, realistic and straightforward to deal with.
All of our consultants have many years of recruitment experience and excellent knowledge of the UK Financial Services industry. Please get in contact with us today.