Experienced Mortgage Underwriter
About the job
Our client has been helping people to buy their homes and dream properties since the 1800's. It's success has been built on it mutuality, putting its customers first and at the heart of everything it does. They are now going through an ongoing and exciting period of change and transformation.
As a result of business growth and ever more applications for its award-winning mortgages there is a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Mortgage Underwriter to the expert team in a full-time permanent role.
You will have a sharp eye for fine detail and be able to use your extensive knowledge and mortgage experience to suggest and make improvements, be deadline-driven and thrive in a fast-paced and happy environment.
About the position
This role is office-based and the business apples a more traditional manual underwriting approach which allows them to assess each case on a truly individual basis against the Lending Policy and criteria.
As an Underwriter you will be:
- Reviewing and assessing different types of mortgage applications, including standard residential, buy to let and self-build
- Responsible for pipeline management, ensuring that mortgage applications are assessed in accordance with policy and criteria in a timely manner
- Assessing and verifying supporting documentation: identification, credit reference agency searches, proof of income, bank statements, accounts, valuation reports etc.
- Communicating with mortgage applicants, employers, accountants, advisors, brokers, surveyors etc. throughout the mortgage application process
- Assessment and approval of mortgage applications within mandate level (initially £200,000) on certain application types
- You will be used to working to a similar mandate ideally
- Preparing and presenting mortgage applications for underwriter/mandator review and approval
- Preparing, checking and issuing mortgage offers
- Providing feedback to the Lending Manager in relation to lending policy, criteria, processes and procedures
- Assessing Decision in Principle referrals
- Reviewing and approving releasing of funds for mortgage completion
What’s in it for you?
Negotiable Salary: £32,000.00-£35,000.00 per year - Salary is negotiable and dependent upon experience, plus generous benefits including a generous pension scheme.
25 days holiday a year
Dress down days etc.
If you are looking for a new opportunity in Mortgage underwriting we would love to hear from you.
Organised and able to prioritise to meet service standards
Good understanding of the Financial Services Industry and mortgage regulation
Previous manual mortgage underwriting/packaging experience
Ideally CeMap qualified or equivalent
Held a previous or current mandate in regulated mortgage underwriting
£32,000 - £35,000 per annum, negotiable
Financial Careers Ltd is recognised as one of the Financial Services industry’s fastest-growing recruitment agencies. With nationwide coverage, we have the capacity to build meaningful, long-lasting relationships with our clients and candidates. We are dedicated to providing you with sound career advice, finding solutions and solving recruitment problems.
We specialise in recruiting for the Financial Services industry and cover a wide range of roles and skillsets. Including, but not limited, to Financial, Mortgage Advisers, Paraplanners, Administration, Sales, Executive Support, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, Pensions, Employee Benefits, Business Development, IT, Digital, Project Management, and Business Transformation.
We cover permanent, contract and interim positions. Whether you are a client or a candidate, we pride ourselves on being honest, realistic and straightforward to deal with.
All of our consultants have many years of recruitment experience and excellent knowledge of the UK Financial Services industry. Please get in contact with us today.