Junior Business Analyst
About the job
Our client is a forward-thinking dynamic technology business. They develop cutting-edge software and data to provide more efficient, more precise easier to use services for conveyancers and other property, Estate Agency professionals.
They are rightly proud of their unique team culture it is one that supports innovation and impact. Whilst it encourages people to be bold but human, creative, focused, and hard-working. They work in an agile way that’s supportive of each other
They now require a Junior Business Analyst to work with senior analysts and project team members to help improve processes and systems. Conduct research and analysis to come up with solutions to business problems and help describe the solutions to Project Managers and development teams. Ensure the applications or products in development comply with end-user needs.
1. Analyse the structure of a business product or service, how it uses technology and what its goals are
2. Outline requirement specifications with the use of standard templates for specific use cases.
3. Communicate with senior people in the organisation (or with external clients) to find out what they hope to achieve. Take part in meetings with stakeholders and assist in presenting issues and solutions both verbally and in writing
4. Work with colleagues and other stakeholders to investigate operational issues, problems, and new opportunities, contributing to business processes and IT system improvements.
5. Manage requirements and ensure they are stored in automated systems (Jira/Confluence).
6. Oversee the implementation of new technology and systems, including some user testing of the change
7. Create and manage functional requirement documents for in-house development of software applications.
8. Collect and maintain ideas, knowledge, work details, and track issues using JIRA.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
Bachelor's Degree in Business or similar
Experience using Jira is desirable
Experience in Agile development practice is desirable
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Interpersonal and consultative skills.
Analytical thinking and problem-solving.
Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy.
The Junior BA will help streamline the investment and should find solutions that minimise the investment and maximise the return i.e. they should aim to maximise the value from a process.
Good business analysis will help create a logical decision-making process, plug communication gaps, and help facilitate communication across departments, across different levels of the organisation. The Junior BA will be well supported by joining experienced project teams and gaining insight from senior members of the team enabling rapid progression.
In return, they are offering a highly competitive starting salary and benefits package of £32-35,000 basic + benefits. The role will be primarily based from home with perhaps one of two days a month in the head office in Swindon so this still needs to be a sensible commute. If you meet the criteria and can demonstrate the skills and experience required as a Project Manager with a Software & Data background please send your CV today.
£32,000 - £35,000 per annum, negotiable
Financial Careers Ltd is recognised as one of the Financial Services industry’s fastest-growing recruitment agencies. With nationwide coverage, we have the capacity to build meaningful, long-lasting relationships with our clients and candidates. We are dedicated to providing you with sound career advice, finding solutions and solving recruitment problems.
We specialise in recruiting for the Financial Services industry and cover a wide range of roles and skillsets. Including, but not limited, to Financial, Mortgage Advisers, Paraplanners, Administration, Sales, Executive Support, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, Pensions, Employee Benefits, Business Development, IT, Digital, Project Management, and Business Transformation.
We cover permanent, contract and interim positions. Whether you are a client or a candidate, we pride ourselves on being honest, realistic and straightforward to deal with.
All of our consultants have many years of recruitment experience and excellent knowledge of the UK Financial Services industry.