Paraplanner (London - City)
About the job
We are seeking an experienced Paraplanner to join a small financial services firm. You will work closely with the senior paraplanners and financial advisers to support our existing client bank and assist in the process of taking on new clients. You will be given full training to understand how our firm works and the ongoing requirements of its clients.
On completion of probation, staff receive the following:
Quarterly bonus scheme. Up to £11,000 p.a. NB: Bonus paid in 2020 - £7,700.00
Annual exam allowance of £600.
Private Medical Insurance and Travel Insurance with Vitality Health.
Gym membership with Virgin Active.
Pension scheme (£100 monthly contribution, in addition to auto-enrolment contributions).
Annual 5* holidays abroad. Previous trips: skiing in Val Thorens, New York, Las Vegas,
• Follow our sales process to produce fully compliant client files for pension, investment and
o Ensure all client documents are sufficient and accurate
o Update client information accurately to make sure it is current in the CRM
o Submit and chase authority letters to obtain client plan information
o Carry out comparisons of existing plans using Data Capture analysis using software such
o Prepare pre-sale reports and quotes based on the Adviser’s recommendations
o Complete and submit applications
o Write detailed suitability reports
• Research the market for new contracts and products
Ongoing client services
• Provide a high level of aftercare to all existing clients
• Act as a reliable point of contact and deal with client queries efficiently and politely
• Organise and manage campaigns throughout the year to ensure relevant allowances are used
• Prepare documents for annual reviews
• Process top-ups, transfers and withdrawals
• Data entry into our CRM, Microsoft Dynamics CURO
• Develop CRM processes to improve general efficiency
• Typical office duties when required – copying, scanning etc
• Complete CVI checks
• Liaising daily with platforms, providers and our DFM
• Answering the phone in a polite matter and manage queries accordingly
Ad hoc tasks
• Maintain Continuous Professional Development (CPD) by attending seminars and completing
• Complete Management Information (MI)
• Internal and external file checks. Submit files to review from the advisers to our compliance
desk, and go through the comments with them. Review previous files to ensure all the
required documents are in each file
• Use our compliance help desk to keep up to date with any regulation
Essential experience and qualifications:
DipPFS qualified – R01-R06 exams passed
Relevant experience supporting an Independent Financial Adviser
Degree-level education or previous work experience in an office environment to a high
Experience writing Suitability Reports
We need a bright, organised and hardworking individual who can demonstrate:
Impeccable attention to detail
Very good written communication skills
Engaging and professional telephone manner
Time management and the ability to multi-task is essential
A systematic and methodical approach to tasks
IT literacy (advanced knowledge of Word and Excel and the ability to learn new software)
A hardworking and positive attitude
A good team player
c£50K and Quarterly Bonus Scheme and more.
Financial Careers Ltd is recognised as one of the Financial Services industry’s fastest-growing recruitment agencies. With nationwide coverage, we have the capacity to build meaningful, long-lasting relationships with our clients and candidates. We are dedicated to providing you with sound career advice, finding solutions and solving recruitment problems.
We specialise in recruiting for the Financial Services industry and cover a wide range of roles and skillsets. Including, but not limited, to Financial, Mortgage Advisers, Paraplanners, Administration, Sales, Executive Support, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, Pensions, Employee Benefits, Business Development, IT, Digital, Project Management, and Business Transformation.
We cover permanent, contract and interim positions. Whether you are a client or a candidate, we pride ourselves on being honest, realistic and straightforward to deal with.
All of our consultants have many years of recruitment experience and excellent knowledge of the UK Financial Services industry. Please get in contact with us today.