Paraplanner - Excellent Package Top 100 IFA Firm
About the job
Our client is one of the UK’s largest and most successful, independently owned, corporate solutions and wealth management consultancies. Offering financial advice for high net worth individuals. Since first consolidating a number of specialist firms into one larger group in 1999, it has grown quickly, but steadily and now plays a significant role in the future of financial services and employer solutions.
Based in the heart of the City of London and also with offices in other parts of the country. It has grown steadily and is now a top 100 UK IFA. The business is wholly owned by advisers and staff and no individual holds a large controlling share in the business.
They are now hiring for an experienced and L4 Diploma qualified Paraplanner.
To provide paraplanning support to one or more advisers which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- To help provide solutions to clients needs and give them a service which surpasses their expectations
- Dealing with day to day client and provider enquiries
- Preparing for client meetings including checking that all compliance paperwork is present.
- Attending client meetings and taking minutes
- Analysing and interpreting data obtained during client meetings
- Analysing client’s existing products to determine whether they meet the client’s current objectives
- Undertaking fund performance comparisons
- Preparing product comparisons and analysing comparison illustrations
- Completing the FCA pension switching and replacement product templates
- Preparing cashflow plans using Voyant Software
- Preparing draft recommendation reports in line with the Company’s compliance procedures
- Analysing client’s asset allocations and providing recommendations for rebalancing where necessary
- Delegating administrative tasks and ensuring work is correctly completed
- Maintaining client files in line with Company standards
- Liaising with the Compliance department to ensure all compliance procedures have been followed
- Creating and maintaining accurate records of all verbal and non-verbal communications and carrying out tasks in a manner that is consistent with compliance procedures
- Building and maintaining client relationships through face to face and written/telephone communication
Pay and Benefits
Salary c£40,000 to £45,000 depending on experience
Discretionary annual bonus
Contributory pension scheme
Group Private Medical Insurance
Group Death in Service
Group Permanent Health Insurance
Group Critical Illness
Group Medicash Scheme
Interest-free season ticket loan
If you are an experienced Paraplanner and you are ready for a fresh challenge please do send your CV today.
Qualified to Diploma Level
At least one year’s previous experience in a holistic paraplanning role
The ability to work with advisers to extract the information required to prepare financial plans and recommendations
General knowledge of the products available in the wider market and how to assess the suitability of these products
The ability to research protection, pension & investment products and an understanding of the key information required that may affect a recommendation
The ability to undertake detailed research on legacy products, identifying where more in depth analysis and questioning of providers is required
An understanding of investment risk, capacity for loss and loss tolerance and the ability to construct recommendations consistent with a clients agreed risk appetite.
Excellent report writing skills. The ability to present recommendations in a clear and logical format using language which can be easily understood by clients
The skills and knowledge needed to create and adapt a cash flow plan appropriate to the client’s circumstances
A good understanding of compliance issues and how these affect the advice and suitability process.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact directly with clients and colleagues in a professional manner
Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative
Ability to critically evaluate information, probe and challenge the facts
A flexible and adaptable attitude towards work
Ability to work accurately and in accordance with procedures
Excellent time management, ability to meet deadlines
Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and provider platforms
2+ years experience in a paraplanning role
Previous experience of discretionary investment management
Previous use of Voyant software
Previous use of FE Analytics
Progression towards Advanced Diploma
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum, negotiable
Financial Careers Ltd is recognised as one of the Financial Services industry’s fastest-growing recruitment agencies. With nationwide coverage, we have the capacity to build meaningful, long-lasting relationships with our clients and candidates. We are dedicated to providing you with sound career advice, finding solutions and solving recruitment problems.
We specialise in recruiting for the Financial Services industry and cover a wide range of roles and skillsets. Including, but not limited, to Financial, Mortgage Advisers, Paraplanners, Administration, Sales, Executive Support, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, Pensions, Employee Benefits, Business Development, IT, Digital, Project Management, and Business Transformation.
We cover permanent, contract and interim positions. Whether you are a client or a candidate, we pride ourselves on being honest, realistic and straightforward to deal with.
All of our consultants have many years of recruitment experience and excellent knowledge of the UK Financial Services industry. Please get in contact with us today.