Product Owner - Mission-critical market data financial systems
About the job
Our client is a London headquartered company with development centres located in Asia including Hong Kong and the Philippines.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Product Owner, based in the office in London, to help implement the software platform for a new digital asset exchange with a focus on an institutional client base. The ideal applicant will bring previous experience of building scalable mission-critical market data financial systems.
The candidate will have product experience with traditional capital markets platforms including execution management systems, order management systems and exchanges; candidates with experience with DLT/Blockchain technologies and products will be given priority. Candidates should also have a thorough knowledge of the full lifecycles of equity and FX trading.
- Collaborate with the product team and stakeholders to help define and manage products across the firm
- Create detailed user stories with behaviour-driven development acceptance criteria
- Oversee the delivery of the product, working with remote teams of developers to ensure delivery that meets agreed success criteria and timelines
- Assist with testing of delivered features
- Develop, enhance, and continuously improve the product management capability of the organization
- Develop a strong partnership with the development team to deliver high quality products, features, enhancements, and fixes
- Maintain a healthy balance between developing new features, resolving technical debt and fixing defects
- Engage stakeholders through effective project reporting and risk management
- Assist in backlog grooming and management of product road maps
- Line manager for a remote business analyst
the client is an increasingly well-established start-up, you will be an early employee so there will be fantastic opportunities for growth and moving into more senior positions as the company expands. Salary and benefits will be highly competitive with a basic salary of c £70-90,000 + benefits. If you have the required experience and can answer our initial screening questions we would like to hear from you.
Detail-oriented and happy to do a deep dive into a product
Proven ability to influence stakeholders and inspire your team
5+ years of experience in capital markets developing trading software at scale
Highly analytical, flexible and a creative problem solver
Experience of developing SaaS products
Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
£70,000 - £100,000 per annum, negotiable
Financial Careers Ltd is recognised as one of the Financial Services industry’s fastest-growing recruitment agencies. With nationwide coverage, we have the capacity to build meaningful, long-lasting relationships with our clients and candidates. We are dedicated to providing you with sound career advice, finding solutions and solving recruitment problems.
We specialise in recruiting for the Financial Services industry and cover a wide range of roles and skillsets. Including, but not limited, to Financial, Mortgage Advisers, Paraplanners, Administration, Sales, Executive Support, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, Pensions, Employee Benefits, Business Development, IT, Digital, Project Management, and Business Transformation.
We cover permanent, contract and interim positions. Whether you are a client or a candidate, we pride ourselves on being honest, realistic and straightforward to deal with.
All of our consultants have many years of recruitment experience and excellent knowledge of the UK Financial Services industry.