Senior Private Banking Specialist Charitable Trusts (STEP Qualified)
About the job
Our client is a highly respected niche private bank. They are now seeking to bring in an experienced Private Banker Specialising in Charitable Trusts. With responsibility for the Design, development, delivery and management of the Master Charitable Trust and other Charitable Trusts
- Meet and communicate with customers regarding their individual structures; travel to attend client meetings, as required.
- Promote meetings with Professional Advisers including lawyers, accountants, investment managers and tax advisors to foster and cement good relationships and identify potential new business opportunities.
- Monitoring Income and expenditure to achieve optimum contribution.
- Assist with staff training as appropriate with specific responsibility for staff who reports directly; conduct individual staff appraisals as agreed including setting goals, targets and identification of training needs.
- Overall responsibility of protecting the Bank’s risk and reputation, by identifying, assessing, addressing and monitoring the risks and keeping Risk Register up to date and ensuring Risk framework is implemented effectively.
- Recoding and reporting material losses;
- Ensure the trustees are compliant for HMRC regulatory purposes
-Monitoring the achievement of Departmental objectives as set on an annual basis.
-To ensure that all responsibilities relating to Risk, as documented in the Bank's Risk Management Framework, are undertaken.
-The incumbent will also be required to be the Nominated Office for HMRC re Regulation of the bank.
Incumbent will work in conjunction with the Head of Compliance where appropriate.
In return, our client is offering a highly competitive basic salary of c £90,000 DOE + substantial bonus potential. In addition, there is 20% NCP, life ins, healthcare and 28 days holiday + many other excellent benefits.
Whilst the role is London based our client is able to consider candidates who can commute or stay in London for periods of time in the week combined with some home working. If you are looking for a new challenge and fit the criteria for this role we would like to hear from you.
What you will bring to the role:
Self-motivating/pro-active/someone who wishes to develop constantly their professional capabilities.
Ability to work in a close team, with an appreciation of the values and culture of the Bank.
Ability to develop very effective relationships with all departments in the Bank, with customers and introducers of business.
Highly articulate, good command of English, both verbal and written, excellent communication and presentation skills.
Excellent numeracy skills.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a strong customer focus and will have common sense, excellent attention to detail and a pride in their work.
Necessary experience or qualifications:
Qualified Trust and Estate Practitioner (STEP)
Practical in-depth experience in Charitable Trustee matters with wider knowledge in all Trustee matters preferred
Investment knowledge in line with FCA/STEP requirements;
Sound Management and motivational skills to ensure best use is made of both human and other resources
Ability to convey clear interpretations and explanations of technical matters to beneficiaries, trustees and other colleagues;
Job holder must have extensive knowledge of legislation and tax regulation affecting not only Trusts and Estates but also individuals;
£90,000 to £130,000 per annum
Financial Careers Ltd is recognised as one of the Financial Services industry’s fastest-growing recruitment agencies. With nationwide coverage, we have the capacity to build meaningful, long-lasting relationships with our clients and candidates. We are dedicated to providing you with sound career advice, finding solutions and solving recruitment problems.
We specialise in recruiting for the Financial Services industry and cover a wide range of roles and skillsets. Including, but not limited, to Financial, Mortgage Advisers, Paraplanners, Administration, Sales, Executive Support, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, Pensions, Employee Benefits, Business Development, IT, Digital, Project Management, and Business Transformation.
We cover permanent, contract and interim positions. Whether you are a client or a candidate, we pride ourselves on being honest, realistic and straightforward to deal with.
All of our consultants have many years of recruitment experience and excellent knowledge of the UK Financial Services industry. Please get in contact with us today.