About the job
Our client is the founder of the first ever FCA regulated Digital Securities Exchange is looking to hire a Solution Architect with experience designing and building the technical architecture of financial real time Trading Systems.
The company is looking for candidates who have experience of the full architectural design of software products, whilst working with cross-functional teams in different geographical locations. The candidate will have proven product experience that focuses on Capital Markets Technologies.
The Solution Architect is expected to significantly impact and drive product delivery by architecting and orchestrating solutions that map company’s current business requirements to end-to-end technology solutions.
*AWS Solutions, covering Blockchain, Serverless architecture, CI/CD DevOps, Docker and Kubernetes, Node, Typescript/React*
This is a hard-core hands-on role for someone who can understand how to put together a Trading Platform. It is a high-level position for someone who enjoys coding but can also see the big picture and help the company build.
Benefits: This is a unique career opportunity to play a key role and grow and scale with a fast-growing new business bringing Institutional Capital Markets to the Blockchain. Close collaboration with the founders and development teams across the globe.
Salary of c£130-150,000 base DOE+ benefits +bonus + 25 days holiday, raising up to 30 days with years of service
· The ideal candidate will be degree educated with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
· Experience with capital markets and trading software
· Proven experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work
· Deep technical knowledge in architecting solutions with containerized technologies (Docker/Kubernetes) and understanding of CI/CD and DevOps secure practices
· Experience of cloud-based AWS technologies
· Experience of DB management using noSQL/MySQL, caching and application middleware architectures.
· Understanding of enterprise deployment and scaling in complex heterogeneous environments
· Ability to move between high-level architectural review/design and lower-level implementation by fully understanding the SDLC
· Excellent communication and documentation skills
· Excellent English language skills (both spoken and written)
It would be nice to have additional technical understanding in the following areas:
· Understanding of securities trading (debt, equity, derivatives, hybrids), associated financial markets
· Understanding of blockchain technologies
· Has previously worked with Electron
· Understanding in architecting solutions with Messaging architecture (ZeroMQ/Pub/Sub/WebSockets/Protobufs) and has previously worked with C++
· Has previously worked with multi-threaded real-time/low latency systems.
From £120,000 to £150,000 per annum, good benefits package
Financial Careers Ltd is recognised as one of the Financial Services industry’s fastest-growing recruitment agencies. With nationwide coverage, we have the capacity to build meaningful, long-lasting relationships with our clients and candidates. We are dedicated to providing you with sound career advice, finding solutions and solving recruitment problems.
We specialise in recruiting for the Financial Services industry and cover a wide range of roles and skillsets. Including, but not limited, to Financial, Mortgage Advisers, Paraplanners, Administration, Sales, Executive Support, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, Pensions, Employee Benefits, Business Development, IT, Digital, Project Management, and Business Transformation.
We cover permanent, contract and interim positions. Whether you are a client or a candidate, we pride ourselves on being honest, realistic and straightforward to deal with.
All of our consultants have many years of recruitment experience and excellent knowledge of the UK Financial Services industry.